What is phpMyAdmin?
phpMyAdmin is one of the most popular applications for MySQL database management. It is a tool written in PHP. Through this software, you can create, alter, drop, delete, import and export MySQL database tables. You can run MySQL queries, optimize, repair and check tables, change collation and execute other database management commands.
webphpMyAdmin.com hosts a copy of the software for you to use for free so you can manage your MySQL databases through this site.
The main phpMyAdmin features are:
- Intuitive web interface
- Support for most MySQL features:
- browse and drop databases, tables, views, fields, and indexes
- create, copy, drop, rename and alter databases, tables, fields, and indexes
- maintenance server, databases, and tables, with proposals on server configuration
- execute, edit and bookmark any SQL-statement, even batch-queries
- manage stored procedures and triggers
- Import data from CSV and SQL
- Export data to various formats: CSV, SQL, XML, PDF, ISO/IEC 26300 – OpenDocument Text and Spreadsheet, Word, LATEX, and others
- Creating complex queries using Query-by-example (QBE)
- Searching globally in a database or a subset of it
- Transforming stored data into any format using a set of predefined functions, like displaying BLOB-data as image or download-link
Below you can find tutorials to explain how to perform many functions using phpMyAdmin.